Wednesday, December 26, 2012

They said what?!

If you know me...you know my kids and have heard a story of something they have said. Kids do say the craziest things...Hey, there is a reason it made a great tv show and several coffee table books. So what makes my kids any different? I have an 8 yr old, that uses bigger words then his father and was clearly being raised by a budding therapist mother when his dad was out playing sailor. I have a 5 yr old who barely speaks but when she does it's Diva-rocious!

Since Drew was 18 months people have been telling me to write down his stories. This kid is a legend and he is known most places we go! I always joked that by the time the kid was in school my voice mail would sound like this: "Hi, you've reached Aj & Lyssi's mom..Press 1 if your calling about Aj or 2 for Alyssa. Calling about Aj, Thank you for taking the time to contact us! Due to the high volume of calls we are pleased to offer this quicker method at getting your message through. Press 1 to confirm parent teacher conference at the weekly scheduled time. Press 2 to confirm Aj will be staying for after school detention. Press 3 if this call is related to a money issue with other students." Although this hasn't been employed yet, it may be in the near future!

So my kids are part story teller by heritage..we're of Native descent .. it's natural and a perfectly acceptable way to keep their heritage alive...oral tradition is precious! Throw in the fact that these kids have never met a stranger due to their constant moving and need to socialize ... the need to entertain is both a selfish and much needed personality trait.. how else do we attract people to us in a culture so full of withdrawn zombies staring at video games and cell phones..oh and ipads (sorry my kids won't know what those are until they are sold at BIG LOTS).

Ok, so I'll admit it.. My name is Emily and I like to run my mouth! It's very theraputic. Some of my best times have been with my friends telling stories and laughing until we cry! This crazy life needs a way to purge all the junk we take in. So whether your a recovering codependent like me or just overwhelmed at today's society bulldozing your personal and family values..I hope you find some laughs and encouragement here!

One of my bucket list items is to be a published writer. I first had that dream in college and had an amazing professor who really encouraged my story telling and helped polish my writing. (Never have appreciated grammer but I'm working on it!) So we can't run before we walk or even crawl...so I'm starting out with a blog! Enjoy...may our adventures be healing laughter to your day!

So leave a comment and tell me what your favoriate Drew or Lyssi 'said what' story has been!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment